The Onslow Water & Sewer Authority (ONWASA) is a joint utility serving the unincorporated area of Onslow County; the Towns of Holly Ridge, North Topsail Beach, Richlands, and Swansboro. ONWASA was formed in order to provide countywide water and wastewater services to meet long-term service area needs. ONWASA currently provides water to approximately 56 percent of the County population, with the remaining 44 percent served by the City of Jacksonville or the Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune (MCBCL). ONWASA's Board of Directors is the trustee for the water and sewer system of Onslow County with complete authority and control of the management and operation of the Utility, in accordance with NC General Statutes and subsequent bond ordinances. The Board provides management and financial stability to the Utility through the establishment of sound rules, regulations, and policies for directing its operation.